The Church Council of Bridgewater United Methodist Church has approved our Responsible Re-Opening Task Force. As this team works to create a plan for a responsible opening of BUMC, we will continue to follow the guidelines below.
In-person outdoor worship will take place, and will follow the guidelines below:
- The church building will be open for restroom access.
- Please bring your own chairs and maintain social distancing.
- Services will last approximately 30-40 minutes.
- In-person service will be moved indoors on days of inclement weather.
CurrentMask Policy - Masks will be optional when outdoors.
- We are now beginning to hold some of our in-person services in the church sanctuary, where social distancing may not be possible. As the number of COVID cases in our area continues to rise, we strongly encourage all persons to wear a face covering when indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please do not attend in-person worship if you have come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus within the last 10 days.
- Please do not attend in-person worship if you are experiencing fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting.
Pre-recorded Sunday Worship Services will continue to be posted online on our website and Facebook page at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
In-person meetings, small groups, and outside facility use of the church facility are extremely limited. Most meetings will continue to be held through Zoom. Some groups have begun to meet in person, after receiving approval from the Re-opening Task Force. Group leaders should contact Rev. Jennifer or Rev. June for assistance with obtaining Zoom links.
We will remain fully committed to being in ministry during this time and pastors are willing to provide pastoral care to all church families by email, phone, and video conferencing.
We encourage you to continue supporting your church with your prayers, presence, and continued generous gifts. You may share your financial gifts through our church app or by visiting the giving page, found on our website. If you prefer, you may provide your gift by mailing a check to the church – 651 Country Club Road, Bridgewater, NJ 08807.
The church office will be open with very limited hours. If you are planning to come into the church, you need to inform Rev. Jennifer prior to your visit. Please practice social distancing with others and disinfect the office and/or area in which you worked. You are required to wear a mask if in contact with others.
The Children’s Corner Preschool is following all recommendations put forth by the CDC.
We continue to hold all in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep the faith and stay healthy!