The Church Council of Bridgewater United Methodist Church has approved our Responsible Re-Opening Task Force. As this team works to create a plan for a responsible opening of BUMC, we will continue to follow the guidelines below.
We will begin to offer In-Person Indoor Worship Services on October 25th. Services will begin at 9am and are expected to run 30-40 minutes and will not include singing. Initially, these services will be held as a trial, and are expected to occur from October 25th through November 22nd.
To ensure the safety of all participants, we will be limiting attendance. Therefore, registration will be required, and must be received by noon on the Saturday prior to the service. Confirmations will be emailed on Saturday evening. Registration will open each Monday at 7 am. If a service reaches capacity, you will be given preference for the following week's service.
By attending an Indoor In-Person Worship Service, you agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Ushers will take the temperature of all attendees.
- You will be escorted to a seat by an usher.
- All attendees must wear a mask - no exceptions.
- The family restroom will be available. Bathrooms with stalls will remain closed.
- Please do not congregate or socialize anywhere inside the church building. You are welcome to greet each other outside of the building.
- When entering and exiting the sanctuary, maintain social distance of at least 6 feet.
- You have not visited one of the states on the current Travel Advisory list within the last 14 days.
nj-information/travel-and- transportation/which-states- are-on-the-travel-advisory- list-are-there-travel- restrictions-to-or-from-new- jersey
- You have not come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus within the last 14 days.
- You are not experiencing fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting.
Pre-recorded Sunday Worship Services will continue to be posted online on our website and Facebook page at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
In-person meetings, small groups, and outside facility use of the church facility are extremely limited.
Wednesday Midweek Evening Service will continue to be offered through Zoom at 7 p.m. The Zoom link will be shared in the pastor's e-note each week, as well as on our Facebook page and website.
Most meetings will continue to be held through Zoom. Some groups have begun to meet in person, after receiving approval from the Re-opening Task Force. Group leaders should contact Rev. Jennifer or Rev. June for assistance with obtaining Zoom links.
We will remain fully committed to being in ministry during this time and pastors are willing to provide pastoral care to all church families by email, phone, and video conferencing.
We encourage you to continue supporting your church with your prayers, presence, and continued generous gifts. You may share your financial gifts through our church app or by visiting the giving page, found on our website. If you prefer, you may provide your gift by mailing a check to the church – 651 Country Club Road, Bridgewater, NJ 08807.
The church office will be open with very limited hours. If you are planning to come into the church, you need to inform Rev. Jennifer prior to your visit. Please practice social distancing with others and disinfect the office and/or area in which you worked. You are required to wear a mask if in contact with others.
Classes at the Children’s Corner Preschool have resumed. The school is following all recommendations put forth by the CDC.