After consulting with leaders and staff and prayerful discernment, BUMC has made the following decisions. These decisions have been made not out of fear but out of love and concern for those who may be at heightened risk due to the coronavirus.
1. In-person worship, meetings, small groups, and outside facility use of the church facility will be suspended from March 15th until March 31st, except for the recovery group. This time may be extended, should the need arise.
2. Sunday Worship Services will be posted online on our website and Facebook page at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings. We will do our best to provide a good worship service with four major components: Prayer, Scripture, Sermon, and Music.
Today Rev. June shared a wonderful message, “Do Not Be Afraid.” We invite you to click here and view Rev. June’s sermon from this morning. Also within this video you will find our Pastoral Prayer, Scripture Reading, Special Music and Benediction.
3. Wednesday Midweek Evening Service will be offered through ZOOM. We will post the ZOOM link in the pastor’s e-note each week, as well as on our Facebook page and website.
4. All meetings – committees, teams, small groups and youth/young adult groups – will be offered through ZOOM. Please do not have any in-person church meetings at home. Contact your group leaders and receive a ZOOM link for your meetings. Group leaders should contact Rev. Jennifer or Rev. June for assistance.
5. We will remain fully committed to being in ministry during this time and pastors are willing to provide pastoral care to all church families by email, phone, and video conferencing.
6. We encourage you to continue supporting your church with your prayers, presence, and continued generous gifts through our church app or by visiting our website. If you prefer, you may provide your gift by mailing a check to the church.
7. The church office will be open with very limited hours. However, it is recommended that all church staff work at home whenever possible. If you are to come into church, please practice social distancing with others and disinfect the office and/or area in which you worked.
8. The Children’s Corner is now closed and will reopen at the same time as Bridgewater Township Schools open.
9. Rise Against Hunger Meal Packing Event will be postponed to a later time. The Community Easter Egg Hunt will be canceled this year.
10. Our Outdoor Spring Cleaning Day is ON!
March 27 (Fri) from 1-5 pm and March 28 (Sat) from 8 am to noon. Please practice social distancing if you choose to join us for our outdoor clean-up.
We will be in further contact as the situation develops. Meanwhile, we are keeping you all in our good thoughts and prayers. Please keep the faith and stay healthy!